With temperatures in the 90s, that means it’s time to start working on our big AUTUMN event … the Halloween Hayrides! Not only does this signature event offer many different types of volunteer opportunities, but it is the biggest annual fund-raiser for our Friends group and just TONS of FUN! This is the 21st year of the Hayrides, which always sells out well in advance of the first performance! The Halloween Hayrides dates for this year are October 12 & 13, 19 & 20 and 26 & 27, with four rides each evening.
To kick off the work for the Hayrides, we will meet on Saturday, July 28th at 10:00 a.m. in Picnic Shelter 4 at Red Top Mountain State Park. The goal of this meeting is to plan for the Hayrides, schedule work days and make volunteer assignments. Please RSVP to this meeting invitation no later than July 21st by clicking below!
All details and requirements will be discussed at the meeting, but here is a preview of just a few of the volunteer opportunities for the Hayrides. Volunteers are needed to:
- Lead all aspects of a scene on the trail as a Scene Captain; commit to all six event dates
- Act in roles at the scenes with instructions from the Scene Captains (must be 16 years of age)
- Help construct the scenes and tear down the scenes after the Hayrides are complete
- Work the “front of the house” including parking, ticketing, loading and unloading of riders in the hay wagons
- Clean up after each ride and story-telling
- Bring creative ideas to enhance the Hayrides
- And more!
As you’re considering your volunteer interest for the Hayrides, please remember that this is a family-friendly event, so nothing too gruesome or gory in the scenes or with costumes. No blood allowed, but we try to be spooky and just scary enough to be fun for everyone. It takes at least 50 volunteers for this event, so please RSVP for this all-important meeting by July 21st. We will see you then!
If you have any questions about the meeting, email us.