October Candlelight Hike at Sweetwater Creek State Park
This mile-long guided night hike is moderately difficult and goes down to the Civil War era textile mill ruins of New Manchester, alongside the lovely rapids of Sweetwater Creek.
*No advance reservations.*
Space is limited; this program is first come, first served.
Cash only, exact change please.
$10 cash per person, plus $5 Park parking fee.
Meet and pay on arrival at the Friends of Sweetwater Creek table in the Visitor's Center parking lot.
Please allow yourself time to park and pay before the program begins. No late arrivals accepted, no exceptions.
- Candle lanterns are provided.
- No additional lighting allowed of any sort, including flashlights, headlamps, and cell phones.
- No children under 6 years permitted on this hike. No strollers or carriers of any type.
- No dogs or other pets allowed on this hike.
- Closed-toe shoes are required for all for safety purposes.
- Participants must be in good physical condition and able to complete this hike from beginning to end without additional assistance.
This event will not occur if it is raining or there is inclement weather.
Lithia Springs, GA 30122