Having a hard time thinking of a new, creative and yet romantic way to surprise your Valentine? Here are a few ideas to help you start off on the right foot:
- Fort Mountain State Park – Hike with a ranger February 13 to the fire tower and hear the love story that is carved in stone or enjoy a quite, romantic hike as a couple on February 14 full of history and natural beauty.
Fort Mountain State Park
181 Fort Mountain Park Road
Chatsworth, GA 30705
- Florence Marina – This park has a quite, romantic ¾ mile nature trail that is perfect for leisure walk for nature lovers. Come early or stay late to see the sun’s magnificent display over Lake Eufaula
Florence Marina State Park
218 Florence Road
Omaha, GA 31821
- Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation – For some charming, Antebellum history, Hofwyl is a wonderful place to take a guided tour of this wonderful historic home then head outdoors and enjoy a short walk along the nature trail. From the warmer temperatures of south Georgia, the charming history and the natural beauty of the site, this Valentine’s Day destination is sure to please.
Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation Historic Site
5556 U.S. Hwy 17 N.
Brunswick, GA 31525
- Black Rock Mountain – This is Georgia’s highest state park and has some of the most outstanding scenic views in Georgia. With mountain cottages and 11 miles of trail, this is a great, romantic getaway.
Black Rock Mountain State Park
3085 Black Rock Mountain Parkway
Mountain City, GA 30562
- Mistletoe – Why Mistletoe State Park? No, not just because of its great name. This park is quiet. There is a wonderful peacefulness to this park and fantastic biking and hiking trails. Clarks Hill Lake also makes for a romantic afternoon sitting, watching the water while enjoying a picnic after a long morning hike.
Mistletoe State Park
3725 Mistletoe Road
Appling, GA 30802
*Extra Tip: Make sure to grab your Friends Membership for your excursions! It makes your time together all the sweeter when you can save some money AND enjoy the outdoors. Gift Memberships are available for your outdoor-loving sweetheart as well!